Getting to the Gym
My husband and I try to wake up at 3:45am to go to the gym…we really do…but sometimes it just doesn’t happen.
I used to get up at midnight, seven days a week, and workout for three hours. When I got home, I’d get ready and get the kids to daycare, and go to work all day. Redbull and coffee were my best friends…and it worked for me. My strength increased, and I had more confidence than I’d ever had in my life.
Then, life happened and we ended up taking 8 months off…and I gained 30 lbs and lost all of my strength.
Now, no matter how much caffeine I get…I just can’t get up every day. It’s crazy…I feel SOOOO much better after going to the gym. I’m always so much happier when I go. Why wouldn’t I be motivated to go every single day?? Uhm, because the bed is really comfortable and warm, and I’m tired. However, I am very determined to get back in shape.
I know have a backup plan! Now I go to the gym during lunch (on days we aren’t so busy that I’m chained to my desk)!
It is AWESOME!! My energy soars, and the afternoon flies by after I get back. I can walk or run on the treadmill, or go hardcore on the elliptical training. I listen to my Pandora, or the 200 podcasts that I never get to listen to. Sometimes I’ll do strength-training…but my husband loves weights, so we usually do that together. It’s my ME time. Today I was dragging, and had a tension headache. I went full-force on the elliptical trainer for 20 minutes and felt amazing for the rest of the afternoon!
With drive time, and changing time, I get about 20 minutes of heart pumping, stress-relieving activity. I never regret going, though sometimes I do wish I had 10 more minutes for the hydro-massage table…I love Planet Fitness!
Gym Must Haves:
- Baby Wipes – Since I don’t have time to take a shower, the baby wipes come in VERY handy.
- Frenzy Texturizer – I have short hair right now, and it doesn’t like to cooperate. This stuff is AWESOME!
- Mary Kay Eye Cream – I know I’m only supposed to apply it morning and night…but I feel naked without it.
- Loreal Skin Illuminator – This is my favorite daytime moisturizer. My skin looks all bright and moisturized.
- Head phones – Whether it’s music, or podcasts, I have to have my headphones. They let me just get into my zone.
- Lock – I change into my gym clothes at work, but back into my work clothes at the gym…I carry a huge bag. All of that goes into a locker at the gym.
Yes, I also put on deodorant…but I put it on when I get back to the office. I tried carrying it in my bag, but it ended up melting and breaking into pieces.
What must haves are in your gym bag?