Family Fun Activities for Kids
I’m always looking for family fun activities we can do together… that don’t cost money.
We desperately want our own home, so we’re looking like crazy for ways to save money.
However, we don’t want to miss the memories of family-friendly activities.
Fun Family Activities
This summer we went to the beach (actually beaches) and the library multiple times. They were fun activities that didn’t cost much money… but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE learning activities we can do together.
Our favorite activity is taking nature hikes at our local state park. We’ve done scavenger hunts, flower searches, blackberry tasting… and just walked and enjoyed the scenery (and wildlife).
In addition, we visited a U-Pick farm and picked fresh blueberries. We had a blast picking the berries, and made it a learning activity by calculating the money we saved by not buying them from the store.
The boys and I also discussed the nutritional difference of picking them fresh and freezing them, versus eating the store-bought versions.
We purchased an annual pass to the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, FL. We pack a cooler and spend the day. Even better, the museum has reciprocal relationships with other venues. We can’t wait for September to visit the Florida Aquarium and the Lowery Park Zoo!
Ultimate Parenting Super Bundle Resource Spotlight:
PlayGrowLearn is one of the many, MANY resources included in the awesome parenting bundle. Editor, Christie Burnett, includes articles, such as:
· Children as Natural Scientists & Researchers
· Building Character One Game at a Time
· Geocaching: Modern Day Treasure Hunting! Fun for the Whole Family
· Explore and Learn with a Natural Journal
· Make Your Own Mini Accordion Journal from a Cereal Box
· Packing the Perfect Explorer Kit
· Small World Explorers: Connecting Nature, Art & Imaginative Play
· Set Sail on an Ocean Yoga Adventure
& much, much more!