1. I’m a mom with six children, my older four live with my ex-husband, who is my best friend (yeah, we joke all the time that we did this divorce thing the wrong way).
2. I’m a Virgo…which means I’m a perfectionist and get overwhelmed when a job gets too big.
3. I have problems with depression and anxiety that I work really hard to control (medicine and lifting weights work wonders).
4. I’m a closet hippie…my ideal life would be living on a farm with a HUGE garden and a bunch of chickens. Instead, I live with my mother-in-law who doesn’t want anything planted in her backyard.
5. Even though I’m a closet hippie, I LOVE beauty products. I have more hair and makeup products than our local Walgreens.
6. I love learning. In my downtime at work, I’m usually studying something.
7. My husband, kids, and I are Pokémon hunters…don’t judge.
8. My favorite shows are: Once Upon A Time, Jane the Virgin, Lucifer, Blindspot, and Rosewood.
9. I love lifting weights. I have a lot of weight to lose, but cardio just doesn’t do it for me. I force myself to fit it into my days…but I’d much rather be lifting heavy weights.
10. I live the keto lifestyle. Though I’m probably the only person on the planet that hasn’t lost weight with it, I feel so much better avoiding carbs and sugar, and eating healthy whole foods.
11. I have a Master’s Degree in Management. Right now, I’m an Office Manager, but after being out of work for a period of 2 ½ years a few years ago…I took whatever job I could get, and when that ended, I fell into this job and can’t imagine being anywhere else. It doesn’t mean I’m smarter than anyone else, it just means I have more student loans that I can’t pay.
12. I’m super-sensitive and very compassionate…if you cry, I’ll cry.
13. I’m addicted to purses. We have a thrift shop down the road from us…on Saturdays I’ll take the boys after we get the car cleaned so they can “look for books” …. really I’m looking to see if they have new purses.
14. I could watch “Moms’ Night Out” every day…. I cry every single time I watch it. It is my all-time favorite movie.
15. I HATE watching sports on TV. I tried, I swear, I really tried so I could be a “good” wife and not want to throw myself out a window. Nope, didn’t work.
16. I have no patience…like seriously no patience. That’s another thing I really have to hide from everyone. Not easy when you’re a mom.
17. I used to be a smoker…but fortunately my depression medicine made them unbearable. I still have my e-cig though. Working on that one….
18. I love Netflix…which is a good thing, since my husband and kids are huge sports fans and watch every single game of every single sport on our TV (see #15). I’ve watched the whole series of Once Upon a Time…twice. Right now, I’m watching Blue Bloods.
19. My favorite band has always been Aerosmith…which means Armageddon is my second favorite movie.
20. I hate mean, stupid people. I just want to get on my soapbox and tell people if you would just be nice, the world would be such a better place. I hold off to avoid the guys with the butterfly nets.